Groundbreaking technology in orthodontic care
Introducing the AcceleDent System, the first and only orthodontic micropulse device. AcceleDent, an FDA-cleared Class II medical device, complements conventional fixed braces with compelling clinical results — significantly faster treatment times and reduced patient discomfort — with only 20 minutes of use per day. Leveraging established clinical technology in orthopedic bone remodeling, AcceleDent generates precisely calibrated micropulses to accelerate tooth movement and reduce treatment time.
AcceleDent advances the science of orthodontic care to a new level:
- Tooth movement is accelerated by 106% during initial alignment and up to 50% during closure of extraction space—potentially shortening conventional orthodontic treatment time by 5 months.
- Safety was demonstrated in U.S. trials at two orthodontic programs with no evidence of increased root resorption, no serious adverse events, and no difference in loss of posterior anchorage.
- AcceleDent has over 2 years of international clinical experience in private practice.
Our office uses the most state-of-the-art technology available to help create the smile you want, which is why we use the iTero® digital impression system, by Align Technology. Our digital impression system replaces the uncomfortable, unpleasant-tasting, messy and sometimes inaccurate traditional putty impressions. No bulky trays or sticky putty needed!
Using a digital scanner, we will take three-dimensional (3-D) digital images, or impressions, of your teeth and bite. These impressions will help us formulate a personalized treatment plan that meets your specific orthodontic needs and desires. We can also use them to visually show you your treatment options and help us keep you up-to-date on your treatment progress.
After your specific treatment plan has been chosen, the digital impressions allow us to create customized bracket trays that we use to place your brackets onto your teeth, all at one time, with increased efficiency and overall effectiveness.
Some benefits of iTero digital impressions over traditional putty impressions include:
- Accuracy: They capture the exact contours of your teeth.
- Efficiency: They require less time in the treatment chair.
- Comfort: Taking the digital images is less invasive. No putty is used, and patients are more at ease without fearing they will gag on the impression putty.
- Customization: They provide a digital plan and allow for trays that are tailored to meet the individual needs and desires of each patient.
- Visualization: They provide each patient with a definite picture of what their teeth will look like before, during and after orthodontic treatment.
- Innovation: They use the most advanced 3-D video technologies.